Monday, August 1, 2011

My Sister Makes Me Laugh


Amy Toms and Sara Toms
RLT Industries, Inc. (2010)
ISBN 978-0977649723
Reviewed by Zoey Crane (age 7) for Reader Views Kids


This is such a cute book written by two sisters. One wrote the story and the other illustrated the book. When you share a bedroom with a sister and you aren't sleepy - how much fun can you have? Cute illustrations by older sister Sara adds to the reality that we as kids have fun with family members and shows sister love.


Zoey: I loved this book, it was so much fun to read and especially that two kids wrote the book. When we have to go to bed at night we aren't always sleepy and we try to figure out how to have fun till we are sleepy. My best friend Dalianna and I spend the night together a lot. She is so funny and just like a sister to me. We get upstairs and watch TV and read, and then we move the mattress on the bed to make a slide. I don't think my Nana knows this, but she does now. She tells us to be quiet and go to sleep but we can't so we play instead. I love my best friend Dally and we have so much fun when adults aren't watching us. I like the pictures in this book because it was kids' drawings. The kids had their dad help them a little but it was their idea. Now I want to write a book too. If you don't have a sister like Sara and Amy you could use your best friend.


Nana: Zoey really loved the fact that this book was written by kids. She loved the pictures and how the book read. She doesn't have a sister but a best friend who is just like a sister. I admire kids that come up with ideas for a book and they should get help publishing them. Kids have great ideas, and, oh did I say Zoey wanted a bowl of water on her last stay over with Dally?